Friday, December 1 & Saturday, December 2
Walnut Creek, Ohio
Bring your family and experience the excitement of long ago! The Journey to Bethlehem features seven vignettes portraying different parts of the Christmas Story.
- The Journey begins at Walnut Creek Mennonite Church, 2619 County Road 144, Sugarcreek, OH 44681, with the Census. At this stop, you will receive a printed map of the route.
- You will then drive from the church up the hill to where you will park and visit the Bethlehem Marketplace, the Inn, see the shepherds around a fire, angels singing, and King Herod.
- The journey ends with a live Nativity scene at The Farm at Walnut Creek, 4147 County Road 114, Sugarcreek, OH 44681, where you will enjoy a horse-drawn wagon ride to a live nativity in the barn. Be sure to take the wagon ride back to the farm houses for warm, homemade cinnamon rolls, sugar cookies and hot chocolate!
- Stops may be visited in any order, but the above order is recommended.
- Both walking and driving are required.
- This is a FREE event and no registration is needed.
- There will be some waiting outside as you take the journey, so please prepare for cooler weather.