Our Stephen Ministry has served Walnut Creek and our greater community since 2011. We provide one to one care-giving for adults going through difficult seasons of life.
What's a Stephen Minister?
People often ask, “What exactly is a Stephen Minister?” One way to put it is that our Stephen Ministers are the After People. Stephen Ministers are there:
- after the phone call you hoped you’d never get.
- after the divorce papers are served and the bottom falls out of your life.
- after the funeral, when everyone has left and the emotions you’ve held at bay come crashing in on you
- after the doctor says, “I’m sorry, but there’s nothing more we can do.”
- after the baby arrives, demanding more of you than you ever dreamed possible.
- after you find a pink slip with your final paycheck.
- after your family and friends have heard your story one too many times, but you still need to talk it out.
Stephen Ministers are the “After People.” They are trained and ready to come alongside you, your friends, neighbors, coworkers, or relatives and provide comfort and support for as long after as needed.
For more information about our specific ministry at Walnut Creek, please email our Stephen Leaders: